How to Buy Properties from BAMC
The Bank Assets Management Company (BAMC) is one of Slovenia’s largest providers of real estate of various types. The list of real estate properties can be found on our website, at BAMC Real Estate. Real estate owned by the BAMC is sold in a variety of ways. As a rule, a description of the sale process for a particular real estate property is provided alongside each property listing.
MOST COMMON METHOD OF SALE: COLLECTION OF NON-BINDING BIDS
The collection of non-binding offers for a particular piece of real estate is the most common method used in the sale of the BAMC’s real estate, and is used in all cases where a different sales method is not given. Potential buyers submit their non-binding bids by completing and forwarding the form for this purpose. The form is available in the instructions and, in addition to individual advertisements for real estate, can also be sent to your email address at your request.
Non-binding offers can be submitted by email to email@example.com or by registered post to DUTB d.d., Davčna ulica 1, 1000 Ljubljana. The BAMC will process each offer separately at the earliest opportunity.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (BAMC)
Those submitting bids for the purchase of real estate with an informative price of €500,000.00 or higher may also be called on to submit additional forms, such as:
- a declaration of the circumstances of the purchase;
- a declaration of any debts (existing or potential) to the BAMC on the part of the bidder; and
- a declaration that the potential purchaser/investor is not a legal or natural person in the sense of Article 13 of the ZUKSB.
COLLECTION OF BINDING BIDS OR (e-)AUCTION
Other sales methods used for real estate include the collection of binding offers (subject to payment of a security deposit) and (electronic) auction.
In such cases the terms of the call for offers or (electronic) auction (date for submission of offers, date of (electronic) auction, amount of security deposit, price, etc.) and all the other information and documents are published on the BAMC Real Estate and the BAMC websites.
TRANSPARENT AND PROFESSIONALLY MANAGED SALES PROCESSES
In all of its sale processes, the BAMC ensures the transparent and equal treatment of all potential real estate buyers in compliance with the relevant rules. All customers who are interested in a particular piece of real estate are led through the sale process, from viewing the real estate to the final transaction.
The contact person for each piece of real estate is cited in the advertisement. The sale process can also be conducted by an external agency with which the BAMC has concluded a real estate brokerage agreement.
GUARANTEES AND CHANGES IN SALE PROCESS
- When selling real estate, the BAMC does not issue a warranty for defects, and sells the real estate ‘as seen’, unless stated otherwise in the particular advertisement.
- The BAMC informs potential bidders that the advertised informative price in a specific advertisement is strictly of an informative nature, and may change in accordance with trends in market prices and demand, where the BAMC carries out the appraisal of all real estate at least once a year and adjusts prices in accordance with those appraisals as required. For this reason, bids submitted in the sales process and the collection of potential non-binding bids do not bind the BAMC to accept any bid whatsoever, regardless of whether those bids are higher, the same or lower than the currently advertised informative price, until the BAMC explicitly and unambiguously expresses its intention to accept a submitted bid in writing.
- In accordance with the previous indent, the BAMC reserves the right to change the planned course, steps or other elements of the process at any time, but only until the conclusion of the legal transaction, and without explanation, and may also suspend the sales and/or negotiation process, and shall bear no liability whatsoever in this regard. Bidders may not file any claims against the BAMC as a result of the aforementioned actions.
KEEP TRACK OF BAMC REAL ESTATE FOR SALE
The flow of real estate into the BAMC and then into the sale process is gradual. We recommend that all potential buyers regularly view the BAMC’s website and subscribe to a monthly newsletter featuring advertised real estate and current sale processes. Subscribe to the newsletter >
Contact us for additional information
phone: +386 1 429 38 95
faks: +386 1 429 38 59